Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Life's punctuation marks

So my time in Kenya is almost up. I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone by. When we first started this epic journey Africa seemed like such a far off scary place. As excited as we were to get to our new placements, we were also leaving all of our family, friends, and everything we know behind. We came, we adjusted, and life went on. It is pretty much the same with every major transition in life. The first day of school, the last day of college, moving into a new place, losing friends to marraige, loved ones passing on; they all seem like such life-changing events. And they are; but then the day passes and a few more pass, and then it becomes a memory. It always feels like you are going to be putting a period at the end of one of life's sentences, but all it really turns out to be is a comma, or maybe a semicolon(I was never really, good with punctuation"
I am at one of those points now. It feels like a full-stop at the end of my Kenya experience, but really it is only a comma in my life sentence. In a few short weeks I will be doing the same thing as I did a year ago, and have to leave my new family and friends behind. I am very excited to go back to see my American loved ones, but I am still quite sad to leave this new home of mine. Not too long after I get back I will start the process all over again in Los Angeles. I like to think of all of these people and places as pieces to my life's puzzle. I would not be whole without each of them. Whenever I leave a new friend, it helps to realize what a small world it is. The odds are very good that they will be seeing me again before the end of my story. And then next time we will be filled with so much joy to see each other again. So don't worry Kenyans, this is not the last you have seen of this Adventurer Friend.

Peace and Love
Josh

2 comments:

  1. Hey...what's this mumbo-jumbo about losing friends to marriage? Hogwash! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just get back into this continent and we'll see who loses who. Oh, and C-dog...i still have to call you!! haha!!

    ReplyDelete