Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Baboon


Hello again,
It is almost time for me to start my new job teaching in Gatundu. The name of my school is Ishishiri High School. We were lucky enough to be able to travel to the Great Rift Valley to learn about some anthropology and history. This is me standing in the giant Menengai Crater, a volcano 2,490m (8,167 ft) high. It is the second largest surviving volcanic crater in the world, The views of the crater itself, as well as the surrounding countryside, are spectacular.




This is one of the locals that we came across.



We were excited to see these baboons as well as zebras, warthogs, and Thompson's gazelles. I am still trying to upload more photos but it is not working well. I will try again tomorrow maybe. I miss you all.


Josh

5 comments:

  1. YAY!! What great photos of two baboons, you even captured the rare blonde one! So happy you got to see the rift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
    Here they are a standing in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There I go breaking things...

    Wouldn't it be "sweet-as" (as the Kiwi's say) to base jump off that cliff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baboon looks like he's got a bit of an attitude.

    ReplyDelete