Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pre-blog

This morning I had the privilege of being a panel speaker at a Mennonite Conference in Northridge, CA. It was a great experience. Basically I was there to explain how I came to be in the position I am currently in and what I am doing in said position. As per usual I had no idea what I was going to say until I was up to bat. As I started my rambling stream of consciousness a thought really struck me. I started thinking about how many people are truly involved in this process of volunteerism. This is not a one-man show. If I had to list everyone involved in the process I know that it would take up pages in very small font. And then I talked about how important communication is to all parties involved. As I was thinking about this, I realized how much room I have for improvement on this aspect of my current vocation. I think that one way of doing this is to simply blog more. Sometimes when I contemplate blogging I build it into a big thing in my head. I think I should just start writing more about everyday events, because most of you can’t really picture my day to day activities. I will start that this week. I will choose one day and just write down everything that happens and then relate it to you the viewers. I am posting this now just to hold myself accountable in this area. So thank you all. Also you all could help me by giving me specific areas that you would like to know more about what I am doing here.

Thanks,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment